Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Challenge of Commitment

The gauntlet has been thrown down - if writing is my passion, the thing I have been uniquely created to do, then do it I must. I have several reasons for believing that it is - the year long wrestling with questions of "mission" and "passion", the nudge by God to "just write", the open doors of opportunity to do so, including the most current one - support from Employment Insurance to develop a freelance writing business.

Why then do all sorts of fears plague me? Until now, I had written for my own pleasure, occasionally sharing my writing with others. The shift to a place of priority is taking its toll - revealing the insecurities and doubts under girding a life not fully lived.

My beautiful spiritual adviser keeps reminding me to receive all the gifts God has for me, to give an equal welcome to the difficult and painful ones as to the easy and pleasant.

My skilled counselor encourages me to acknowledge and receive my own emotions, allowing them to inform me of my inner realities, bringing them to the light.

My wonderful friends think I'm crazy to be so angst-ridden by the blessing of this opportunity to follow my dreams.

So, grinding through the grist of my own mill, I will...fear of commitment assails me and I want to insert all sorts of qualifiers here, but, no...gulp...writesomethingforthisblogeveryday. There, it's done.

No comments: